Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reference about Network Topologys applyed to Robotics or Automation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sink0

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Any one got any good reference for most common hardware topologies applied to robotics?

Topologies i mean, how the sensors or actuators are connected to the main controller. As an example, if the sensors and actuators are connected directly to the embedded hardware (for microcontrollers) or expansion cards (for embedded PCs like a PC/104) it would be a very centralized topology.

I am not looking knowledge, just a good and solid reference, becouse one points of my msc is about a hardware architecture for robotics applications that is easily expandable, with a good throughput, average latency, very reduced number of cables (a very important point for a high reliability), and mainly, almost no change on the hardware connected to the main controller for very different applications (basically a multchannel, real multidrop, with distribuited processing network). And i need this reference becouse all knowledge i got right know comes from lots of articles and works, but nothing solid that goes deeply on this subject.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.