Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reduce the Harmful Effects of Cell Phone Radiation by Up to 87%!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hussainb

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys,

I stumbled upon this web page while searching for reasons on why does my cell phone get hot..
www.freeshield.com

here they show an amusing way of limitting cell phone radiation by using special patterns on an image..

What do you all think about it..

I dont have a color printer to try it and check it out..well, its completely free..no harm to try..
would anyone like to give it a try and post some results?

thanks

It's utter bollocks I'm afraid mate...

The only thing a few sheets of ink-impregnated paper will do to protect you from your phone's heat and EM radiation is a) thermally insulate you from it, and b) [marginally] increase the distance between you and your phone. A baby's sock with a picture of a yellow duck on it will achieve much the same thing... at least what they're offering is *free*! :D

Now, if you want patterns that *will* shield you from EM radiation, do a search on frequency selective surfaces, artificial magnetic conductors and similar metamaterials - fascinating stuff!

It's utter bollocks I'm afraid mate...

The only thing a few sheets of ink-impregnated paper will do to protect you from your phone's heat and EM radiation is a) thermally insulate you from it, and b) [marginally] increase the distance between you and your phone. A baby's sock with a picture of a yellow duck on it will achieve much the same thing... at least what they're offering is *free*! :D

Now, if you want patterns that *will* shield you from EM radiation, do a search on frequency selective surfaces, artificial magnetic conductors and similar metamaterials - fascinating stuff!

Ha ha ha... thats what i wanted to hear..
wonderfully expressed, sarcastic!!

cant understand whats they gonna gain by developing a webpage for it...
The net, sometimes really amuses me...

Modern mobile phones are designed to radiate most of it's RF power to the backside. Placing any kind of shield at the front won't reduce the residual RF power radiated towards the user's head, because it's mainly diffracted around the edge.

Attenuating the main beam at the backside would only cause the mobile to increase it's automatically controlled output power.

Modern mobile phones are designed to radiate most of it's RF power to the backside. Placing any kind of shield at the front won't reduce the residual RF power radiated towards the user's head, because it's mainly diffracted around the edge.

Attenuating the main beam at the backside would only cause the mobile to increase it's automatically controlled output power.

I thought something similar...
The paper would act as an insulator, and instead build up heat inside the phone, causing it to heat-up even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back