Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reduce power in mains Diode Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupoftea

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Would you agree, this is a revolution in the mains FWB?
Relies on zxd, which can often be faulty, so only one diode of a pair is shorted out at a time......
Big reduction in diode dissipation, but no danger of shoot thru.
Use SIC diodes to get low rdson.

Not so great with mains transients though, SIC a bit delicate...needs to be a detachable module for when mains transient kills it.

safe sync FWB.jpg

Attachments

• safe sync FWB.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 72

Sorry, I don't know if I understand it correctly. Although the rapid reverse recovery of SIC will reduce the reverse leakage power consumption, I think it is necessary to distinguish between occasions. SIC needs higher driving voltage to have more efficient performance, that is, VTH parameters. If the drive voltage cannot exceed the VTH voltage quickly, its performance will not be better than that of the FET, and it may even fail to work. For example, when the drive voltage of the controller is low in the case of active bridgeless rectifier, the SIC cannot work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back