Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rectangular UWB patch antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaliah_rf

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good morning every one, hope you are all fine
i really need your help

i want to design a rectangular UWB patch antenna (3.1 GHz-10.6 GHz)
1. i don't know witch frequency i must use to start calculation ( is it 3.1 GHz, 10.6 GHz, (3.1+10.6)/2 GHz or what?)

2. in a normal rectangular patch, i can't find the exact equation to calculate the input impedance ( i read a lot of books, and i found a different equations, i tried to do an exemple, and i had different results even whene i used the patch calculator :em: talk - Microstrip Patch Antenna Calculator)

3. and please, give me the equations to calculate the dimension of the edge-fed (w, l)

thank you

any help, pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase !!!!

i really need you :cry:

**broken link removed**

this the goal of my design

to do all most the same antenna

but i can't design even a simpl rectangular antenna

A rectangular patch as an UWB?? Typically, things with corners do not work well as UWB antennas. UWB antennas are usually very smooth.
Additionally, the plot you are presenting is not a patch antenna, it is a printed monopole antenna. And by looking at the U-shape slot, does not seem UWB.

maybe, i didn't good explain the probleme

1. am new on CST, so at first i want to design a simple rectangular antenna, but i have problems with that

2. the monopole antenna in the pic is not the one that i want, but another one similar designed by Mr. Tan Phu Vuong : Design and characteristics of a small U-slotted planar antenna for IR-UWB - Vuong - 2007 - Microwave and Optical Technology Letters - Wiley Online Library

you can find some details in this document : **broken link removed**

pleaaaaaaaaase, if you have any idea, please, help me

You can start by following the CST tutorials included in CST's help.

the probleme is in the equations, what are the right equations to calculate the value of the input impedance ....... etc

The golden rule for a patch antenna is length equal to half-a-wavelength.
The most commom method to compute theoretically the patch parameters is the cavity method. You can find the details and formulas in Balanis book, "Antenna theory and design".
I hope this helps.

thank you so much for helping me
yeah, i found the equation of balanis, but i found other equations also to calculate the input impedance in other books, as the one in "Antenna Theory and Microstrip Antennas", D. G. Fang

this why am so confused

and each one gives a different results, even when i compare it with the results given by the patch calculator :em: talk - Microstrip Patch Antenna Calculator

so wht i must do?

Has someone simulated this patch antenna. If yes please share the simulation geometry (.dxf or .stl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back