Not open for further replies.

srinivasa

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI

I want to know how can we recover a AC Signal which is riding on a DC Signal and eliminate the DC Signal. Example A DC Signal of 60v on which,a AC Signal of 20vpp is riding , now i want to remove the DC signal and capture the AC signal, , please provide me any information on this.

Thanks in advance
GV

Simply use a capacitor to couple the signal. You will probably also need a resistor to GND depending on what it connects to.

Keith

srinivasa

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

filter out the dc component. Take the AC/DC go through a high pass filter (either RC,LC,op-amp depending on cutoff). These will remove the Dc offset.

What will you do with the AC signal? drive a load, or only measure it's value......

If drive a load, a capacitor is enough. If measure it's value, take the signal go through a high pass filter (for example: a CR circle ).

Re: To recover a AC Signal from a DC signal

Put a Non Polar Capacitor in series. the capacitor should be of a voltage rating at least 3 times that of the AC riding on the DC.

srinivasa

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.