Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recover AC Signal from DC signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

srinivasa

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI

I want to know how can we recover a AC Signal which is riding on a DC Signal and eliminate the DC Signal. Example A DC Signal of 60v on which,a AC Signal of 20vpp is riding , now i want to remove the DC signal and capture the AC signal, , please provide me any information on this.

Thanks in advance
GV

Simply use a capacitor to couple the signal. You will probably also need a resistor to GND depending on what it connects to.

Keith

srinivasa

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi,

filter out the dc component. Take the AC/DC go through a high pass filter (either RC,LC,op-amp depending on cutoff). These will remove the Dc offset.

What will you do with the AC signal? drive a load, or only measure it's value......

If drive a load, a capacitor is enough. If measure it's value, take the signal go through a high pass filter (for example: a CR circle ).

Re: To recover a AC Signal from a DC signal

Put a Non Polar Capacitor in series. the capacitor should be of a voltage rating at least 3 times that of the AC riding on the DC.

srinivasa

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.