Status
Not open for further replies.

jjegarcia

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have DSP fundations and PIC microcontroller experience. I like to apply this principles into practice like acquire sound and execute filter that could be manipulated by a software in Visual Basic or Java and Played back. Will it be useful for me to acquire a dsPIC?
Anyone know whether I require a programmer for them or could it directly manipulated with the PC?
Is it the best choice or are there any DSP I can get for cheap without expending a lot. (Hardaware and Software)?
I will appreciate any help provided,

dspic30 kit us

Hello!

I can tell you that this DSP from microchip are quite good. I have seen some benchmarks from Microchip and they looky OK, but of course we should see independant tests also.

Concerning first investemnt I think that C compiler cost around 900USD and ICD2 cost around 200USD.

Best regards!

dspic app

Why dont' to go for REAL DSPs, like ADSP-218x from Analog Devices?

For that matter, microcontroller experience is a very good starting point. There are lots of app notes, free software (Open21xx) and lots of experience. This is a really mature product.

We sell a good basic kit for ADSP-218x starting at US$160.

Contact us at info@sanjaac.com

Regards,

JaaC

dspic vs adsp

I personly recommend the new Blackfin DSPs from Analog devices. A good delevlopment kit is the EZ-Kit lite 533 that I got for 99€ but normally you pay 299€. A much better performen than the old 218x line of processors and several open source projects are on the go. Take a look at www.blackfin.org and see for yourself.

Ps. you can even run Linux on it!

uclinux for dspic

Oh, yeah, for sure it is a really good DSP and board. I knew the offer was by Avnet (em.avnet.com), but I thought it ended by the end of april 2004.

I think it is worth having a look at their website.

uCLinux has been ported to Blackfin, have a look at blackfin.uclinux.org

JaaC

Status
Not open for further replies.