Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommend me some DSP devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjegarcia

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have DSP fundations and PIC microcontroller experience. I like to apply this principles into practice like acquire sound and execute filter that could be manipulated by a software in Visual Basic or Java and Played back. Will it be useful for me to acquire a dsPIC?
Anyone know whether I require a programmer for them or could it directly manipulated with the PC?
Is it the best choice or are there any DSP I can get for cheap without expending a lot. (Hardaware and Software)?
I will appreciate any help provided,

dspic30 kit us

Hello!

I can tell you that this DSP from microchip are quite good. I have seen some benchmarks from Microchip and they looky OK, but of course we should see independant tests also.

Concerning first investemnt I think that C compiler cost around 900USD and ICD2 cost around 200USD.

Best regards!

dspic app

Why dont' to go for REAL DSPs, like ADSP-218x from Analog Devices?

For that matter, microcontroller experience is a very good starting point. There are lots of app notes, free software (Open21xx) and lots of experience. This is a really mature product.

We sell a good basic kit for ADSP-218x starting at US$160.

Contact us at info@sanjaac.com

Regards,

JaaC

dspic vs adsp

I personly recommend the new Blackfin DSPs from Analog devices. A good delevlopment kit is the EZ-Kit lite 533 that I got for 99€ but normally you pay 299€. A much better performen than the old 218x line of processors and several open source projects are on the go. Take a look at www.blackfin.org and see for yourself.

Ps. you can even run Linux on it!

uclinux for dspic

Oh, yeah, for sure it is a really good DSP and board. I knew the offer was by Avnet (em.avnet.com), but I thought it ended by the end of april 2004.

I think it is worth having a look at their website.

uCLinux has been ported to Blackfin, have a look at blackfin.uclinux.org

JaaC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back