Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommend me PIC16 series simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

unkn0wn

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Which PIC 16 series simulator is recommended?

I find Oshonsoft easy and comprehensive but it seem to have errors of time delays and inputs.

Are there any other similar kind of simulators?

To be more specific, PIC16F84A, PIC16F877 simulators.

Any help is appreciated :D

PIC Simulators

Proteus !

See Fragrance's latest post !

PIC Simulators

What is wrong with the simulator that's built in MPLAB. Is it comlicated or user non-friendly? It has everithing you need and supports all PIC's for free.

Re: PIC Simulators

but in MPLAB, how can i go throught this (for example)...

BTFSC PORTA,0

How do i clear the port A's 0th bit i.e. set low on it .... in the simulator so that it might skip to next command.

unkn0wn said:
but in MPLAB, how can i go throught this (for example)...

BTFSC PORTA,0

How do i clear the port A's 0th bit i.e. set low on it .... in the simulator so that it might skip to next command.

Lots of ways, one is open a watch window; select PORTA to watch and you can click on the data to change the bits (right click and view as binary might help)

Thanks... configuring that out.

But still have delay is so long. Is there any way to quicken up the simulation speed?

I am using delays in 0.5,1,5 seconds.

PIC Simulators

Yes use breakpoints.

The simulator in MPLAB is software, a slow computer will simulate slowly. A fast computer well goes pretty fast. Don't single step use breakpoints instead.

It stops at the instruction. And does nothing. Can't it just bypass it???

I mean i have to .. single out to the next one manually.

As much as I know, Proteus 7 Professional is the best to simulate for all PIC and other Microcontrollers.

Rgds,

PIC Simulators

This is interesting.

Has anyone here used uVision3 ?

How is it as MPLAB a simulator compared to it ?

I tested Proteus, and I like it a lot because we can design a schematic for simulation :D

But the design of schematics are far more difficult than for ex: Multisim, Pspice :cry:

Oshon Software PIC Simulator

kyawmyo said:
As much as I know, Proteus 7 Professional is the best to simulate for all PIC and other Microcontrollers.

Rgds,

pls can you upload it or if u can send it to my box. i will appreciate it so much.
thanks in anticipation

Added after 4 minutes:

kyawmyo said:

Rgds,

pls can you upload it or if u can send it to my box. i will appreciate it so much.
thanks in anticipation

Added after 8 minutes:

kyawmyo said:

Rgds,

thanks in anticipation

unkn0wn said:
It stops at the instruction. And does nothing. Can't it just bypass it???

I mean i have to .. single out to the next one manually.

Right-click on any command line you want to deal with, and in the pop-up menu, choose "set PC at this cursor", or "run PC to this cursor" depending on what you want to do.

MPLAB, of course, there is no graphics, so not really friendly, but it is really good, absolutely free, supports all of PICs at its released time, ..., you can see why it is really useful and helpful.

nguyennam

PIC Simulators

dear;
oshonsoft is the best simulator ever -from my point of view- so don't disturb yourself by searching for another simulator, just take into consideration the speed difference between actual micro controller and simulator

But there is one big difference between proteus and other simulator and I find it very usefull. Compim feature lets you connect serial devices to the simulated circuit, no need to create the actual circuit.

It also supports lots of microcontroller aside from microchip.

Status
Not open for further replies.