Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommend me a small sized microcontroller!

Status
Not open for further replies.

caep_daniel

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
micro controllers!

can you recommand me a small size microcontrollers such as atmel 89c2051 or cop8saa5, and can anyone give me a good suggestion ?

give me a good comparison beteen all good microcontrollers and other devices. from performance, price, and etc. best regards.

micro controllers!

Read this:

Topic moved from "Elementary Electronic Questions" forum to "Microcontrollers" forum.

Re: micro controllers!

Use the MSP430 it's a microcontroller desigend by engineer's for enginer's

It's use JTAG for programming and debug and C language for programming.

You can find low cost development board at w*w.olimex.com

and the Flash emulation tool from TI cost only $ 99 or $9 from olimex

enjoy

bobi

it's a microcontroller desigend by engineer's for enginer's

i dont mean to be rude but arent all microcontrollers designed by engineers for engineers. i mean it doesnt happen that a microcontroller is designed by a sculptor!!!!!!!!! and a farmer certainly wouldnt be programming microcontrollers.

back to the topic. i recommend the PIC microcontroller. start from the PIC16F628. go to http://www.winpicprog.co.uk

have fun :!:

I recommend an AVR. Try AVRMega32. Why? Im not too sure but it was the first micro I experiemnted with for learning and I found It very good. The programming hardware is quite simple (not as simple as 8051 i think) and the software is easy to obtain (if you like open source - GCC).

Its also got plenty of guts so once you become more experienced you wont need an upgrade for a while. Depending on application or course and im not sure if it fits your criteria of a small micro though

Thats just my opinion anyway, hope it helps :)

I recommend the MSP430 microcontroller from TI (programming and debug by JTAG interface).

Dan

Atmel atiny series is more suitable for you,and that is very cheap.
Such Atiny11 have 1K flash and 6MIPS.

caep_daniel said:
can you recommand me a small size microcontrollers such as atmel 89c2051 or cop8saa5, and can anyone give me a good suggestion ?

give me a good comparison beteen all good microcontrollers and other devices. from performance, price, and etc. best regards.

If you like to code in assembler the best choice is
Atmel AT tinny 11/12/15

nenad_p said:
caep_daniel said:

If you like to code in assembler the best choice is
Atmel AT tinny 11/12/15

Atmel ATtiny 11 and 12 will soon be replaced with ATtiny13 which has built-in SRAM.
Later on ATtiny15L will be replaced with ATtiny25 which has built-in SRAM.
Because of the SRAM the new devices are more suitable for C language than the old ATtiny11, 12 and 15L are.

micro controllers!

If you have to choose from the cop or the 8051 y would choose 8051 there it's a lot of stuff on internet compared to the cop.

dahem0n

Status
Not open for further replies.