Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Receiver and Transmitter Spec

Status
Not open for further replies.

guamak_menanak

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to design a transceiver for my project...
The problem is I don't know the transceiver spec and for what application that can be used for my transceiver design!

Can anybody give some list of transceiver spec or websites that inform you about transceiver spec?

Thanx is advance
:D

I think you're not starting from the right point:
-usually an integrated tranceiver for modern communication systems requires alot of resources (people), a baseband digital IC and more and more.
-usually there is a target: what is your?
-given the standard, you should define the IC architectrure, and it cannot be done without the baseband.
-the tranceiver specs are obtained from the standard they fulfill, after a study made by some system architect who partition the subsystems with their requirements. Then the RF Subsystem designer develops the RF architecture, so the tranceiver.

So my suggestion is: clarify what you want to do and what is the design effort you can put on it, then come back again. As example you can see at IEEE, a lot of papers are targetted to some applications, so maybe there you'll find what you look for.

Bye
Mazz

Actually I'm focusing on designing an LNA! I've read some IEEE papers and have some architecture in my mind. The problem is I don't know for what application that my LNA will be concentrate in and what is the freq operation for my LNA and etc.

Asking in a big picture of spec tends to give me or other viewer some idea on what application they will concentrate in. Hope someone here can give some sort of example or clues!

:D

Hi....

As a first instance, to design a transceiver involves a LNA amplifier, mixers, oscillators, frequency synthesizer, PA, etc.

In order to begin any transceiver design, I can recommend you the next papers:

A. Abidi. "CMOS Wireless Transceivers: The New Wave". IEEE Communications Magazine. August 1999

A.Abidi. "RF CMOS Comes to Age". IEEE Microwave Magazine. December 2003
**broken link removed**

Also:
**broken link removed**

mazelk...

the paper that you give in the previous post have a general explanation on tranceiver. however,thanx for it.

I'm capable to design an LNA but the problem is I don't know at what freq should the LNA operate? Recently, my designs achieve f0=1GHZ @ 1.58GHz. Can it be used for any application? Or just design the LNA and take the f0 of the LNA to any application, such as wireless application?

8O

I think the 2.4G is more useful ,such as bluetooth and wlan ,wifi ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back