Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

realizing boolean function with 4bit lut

Status
Not open for further replies.

omen123

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

How to realize boolean function like F(x,y,z)= xy+yz+xy`z+x`y`z` with 4bit LUTs without using any mux?

thanx,
omen

To answer the question exactly, you should better refer to an unequivocal logic syntax. If I understand the present example correct, it can be further minimized and most likely implemented by a single 4-input LUT. The functionality of LUTs however varies between vendors and FPGA families.

Can we ask why you need to do this?

For my master degree. I am doing animation portal representing how to realize boolean function with 1.MUXs 2. LUTs 3.FPGAs and 4. Decoders

Now my idea is to write down the truth table, splitting the function into 2 functions f1 and f2 (see the picture). I don`t know, what´s next :(

Last edited:

I am not certain if I understand correctly...

You can just pretend you have an extra input "w",so now you have 4 inputs: w,x,y,z. Then make your truth table same as before. And treat the "w" input as a DON'T CARE. That truth table (with 16 entries) gives you all the values for your 4-input LUT... Essentially you make 2 copies of the 8 entry truth table you posted above. One copy for the case where w=0, and one copy for when w=1. Which results in the LUT "not caring" about w .. the DON'T CARE.

Hope that helps...

please share your portal with all of us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back