Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Realization of an audio amplifier ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuonBoy

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!
I'm trying to create an audio amplifier to use with two speakers 4ohm/8Watt each.
As a power supply for the amplifier, I would use a Switching power supply ranging from 5V-3.8A and to a maximum of 24V-1.5A.

If it works, I will present the pSpice schematic for an university exam :shock: the exam plans to design an audio amplifier with 3-stage ...

thank you!

I'm trying to create an audio amplifier to use with two speakers 4ohm/8Watt each.
Is it a stereo amplifier, or just one amplifier driving both speakers.

As a power supply for the amplifier, I would use a Switching power supply ranging from 5V-3.8A and to a maximum of 24V-1.5A.
You need to think about that a bit more carefully. For each speaker: maximum voltage = +-8V and maximum current = +-2A. So the power supply needs to be > 16V and capable of peak current > 4A. Average current will be much less though, unless it's a class A amplifier.

Certainly it's better a stereo amplifier, but the choice is mine and I'd rather do it as simple as possible!

And for the power supply, it's just a power supply that I had at home and I thought that maybe I could use it. But in fact it's not suitable.

I tried to do it this way: Final class A stage, 2 common source stages in the middle and a differential amplifier as the first stage. All with a feedback. But I can't make it work with PSpice, perhaps because how i'm doing it, is very complicated!!!

I tried to do it this way: Final class A stage, 2 common source stages in the middle and a differential amplifier as the first stage.
Too many gain stages. You only need a differential input stage, a common emitter (or common source) stage and a unity gain output stage. The output stage should use Darlingtons or you'll have a heap of headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back