Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Read file and put value in REPRODUCTION...function in MATLAB

Status
Not open for further replies.

parthapratim

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
matlab open file name

can anyone help about using something in Matlab??

i have to read a file which contain some binary value and put those value in Genetic algorithm's REPRODUCTION,CROSSOVER & MUTATION function.But i cant understand how can i do it.pls anybody help me.

As i am a beginner in Matlab pls help me with easy words.If anybody help me then i am very much thankful.

bye

file identifiers matlab

anyone pls reply.......

matlab fid function

this is part of matlab help try to see it in your matlab help

fopen

Open file, or obtain information about open files
Syntax

fid = fopen(filename)
fid = fopen(filename, permission)
fid = fopen(filename, permission_tmode)
[fid, message] = fopen(filename, permission)
[fid, message] = fopen(filename, permission, machineformat)
[fid, message] = fopen(filename, permission, machineformat, encoding)
fids = fopen('all')
[filename, permission, machineformat, encoding] = fopen(fid)
Description

fid = fopen(filename) opens the file filename for read access. (On Windows® systems, fopen opens files for binary read access.) The filename argument is a string enclosed in single quotes. It can be a MATLABPATH relative partial pathname if the file is opened for reading only. A relative path is always searched for first with respect to the current directory. If it is not found, and reading only is specified or implied, then fopen does an additional search of the MATLABPATH.

fid is a scalar MATLAB® integer, called a file identifier. You use the fid as the first argument to other file input/output routines. If fopen cannot open the file, it returns -1. Two file identifiers are automatically available and need not be opened. They are fid=1 (standard output) and fid=2 (standard error).

fid = fopen(filename, permission) opens the file filename in the specified permission. The permission argument can be any of the following:

Permission Specifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back