Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Read 3-phase parameters in microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool.man

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am going to start a project in which i have to read the 3-phase voltages, current and power in microcontroller. Can Someone guide me how to start a project...what should i consider...
I am planning to choose PIC24 or dsPIC microcontroller series...what resolution of adc should be enough for reading parameters...what sampling rate is required for it 500ksps,1Msps?
while searching i found some energy metering IC's like

ADE7768 | Single Phase Energy Metering IC with Integrated Oscillator and Positive Only Accumulation | Energy Measurement | Analog to Digital Converters | Analog Devices

https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/devicedoc/21948b.pdf

what should i do read the parameters in microcontroller or use seperate energy metering IC's? I require some guidence for you peoples
Hope someone guide me :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.