Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RE: Problem in installation of RH8.0 using usb keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

lctlcm

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
RE: Problem in installation of RH8.0 using usb keyboard

Hi

I am a newbie in linux and I would like to seek some advise regarding the above mention subject.

My keyboard went dead after the inital "enter" key for installation mode.
I had tried the option on "noprobe" but still not working. I think i may need a driver for usb keyboard. However, i cannot find a download for this driver.

Please kindly advice and thanks in advance.

regards,
lctlcm

I have found the answer to my own question from another forum.

For your information:
The RH8.0 do not support USB keyboard.
The below link is introduce by one of the member

http://www.linux-usb.org/USB-guide/x194.html

Cheers.

I have personally used only a USB keyboard and have experienced no problems. but for installation PS-2 keyboard was used. :(

so how come you say that USB keyboard dont work with LINUX

That is strange. Cos i do not know what is the actual problem during my installation and i presume it is the problem with my keyboard as i cannot excess it during the process. Not ready sure, so post around to ask for opinion. I have yet to try out the PS/2 keyboard.

What is your linux version?

im using RH 8.0..... i suggest u try PS/2 for installation. and for u r imformation, im using compaq keyboard(USB)

I had successfully installed the RD Linux8 with a PS/2 keyboard.
During the bootup, the system seems to be able to detect the USB keyboard (after the installation).

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.