Not open for further replies.

mandar_mahajan

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,
I am facing a serious problem & therefore wanted an immidiate help.

I am driving a 9 segment * 4 backplane with 89lpc936 & a shift register.
My supply voltage for controller is 3V & have kept 1.5v for backplanes.
My problem is that,
when I am putting the data for not glowing any digit as per the attach waveform(attach file), I am getting the dimming effect of the all segments which is unwanted. I am not able to understand how to eliminate this?

Document is not blank........Alothough i don't know the exect problem but from my bit knowlage says.....you should check ur connections.....may be some loose connection or you should check ur SMPS........i know i am telling u very basic things..........but what more i can tell u!!!!!!!

To eliminate dimming of segments you need to have a constant current driver. Whenever you switch on a segment you are drawing slightly more current from that segment which will cause your other segments to dim.

Hi All!
The problem which i mentioned is for back-plane no 1 & all the segments which are on back-plane no 1.
I have also checked the DC & AC voltages on all the four back-planes.
1) The DC voltage on all back-planes is same = 1.5V( half of the appilied voltage as they are in tri-state).
2) The AC voltage on back-plane no 2,3,4 is .58miliV & for back-plane no 1 it is .53miliV.
IS IT BECAUSE OF THAT. I MEAN TO SAY THAT SEGMENTS CORROSPONDING TO BP1 AS ALWAYS GLOWING DIMM.

I DONT HAVE A OSCILLOSCOPE HERE WITH ME BUT I AM GOING OTHERPLACE FOR IT. & WILL INFORM U ABOUT THE OBSERVATIONS.
MEANWHILE IF U FOUND OR KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE ABOVE MENTIONED, PLZ LET ME KNOW.

& FOR BLUEROOMELECTRONICS, IF U ARE NOT ABLE TO VIEW THE WAVEFORMS HERE IS THE LINK FOR ALL.(look for fig 2 & fig 7).
https://dataweek.co.za/article.aspx?pklArticleId=2382&pklCategoryId=31

Status
Not open for further replies.