Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RC Car conversion to gaming steering wheel and peddles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron76

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Having struggles with the peddles, going from one finger throttle/reverse on a normal remote, to 2 separate potentiometers one for each peddles.

The wiring on PCB has a ground, 3.3v and TH, from the PCB that I removed from RC transmitter.

Thoughts how to wire (2) pots, to the 3 terminals on PCB to give full functions of forward/reverse features on 2 peddles?

I guess at present you have one lever sending only one signal (one volt level). However with two pedals you get the possibility of conflicting signals.

What command does each pedal send? I guess one is throttle? Does it automatically spring up when you remove your foot?

What pedal position causes forward and reverse motor direction? Does it automatically spring to a certain position when you remove your foot?

To drive backwards, is the speed unchanging or adjustable? Is there a switch somewhere in your present thumb lever, to choose forward/reverse?

Do the pedals permit you to press both at the same time? Does one pedal assert priority over the other? With three wires there may be simple electrical methods to replicate all functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back