Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rayleigh fading in baseband

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizoo

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
i can understand that at high carrier frequencies, rayleigh fading affects the ampitude and phase of the carrier
but how in base band modelling where we have often have to deal with bits and not the original carriers, we can model the rayleigh fading?

i expect that it is not a novel question and i am looking forward to some links or suggestion !
br

Hi
It is not so difficult. You can see the baseband like an high carrier frequency but the frequency is 0.
For simulating fading in baseband, just the ZMCSCG should multiply to amplitude of each symbols.

although the fading affects the amplitude and phase of the RF signal,we can simulate its effect in baseband.
The effect of fading could be seen in the complex modulation symbols (which have amplitude and phase) in the baseband model.

Out of curiosity
how the doppler shift occurs in baseband,

doppler shift is the frequency variation in the carrier frequency depending upon the user speed and angle of inclination

now eg if a user moves at 1 m/s and if its arrival is at 0 degrees to the reciever,

how the baseband frequency will be affected by doppler spread
??
br

Status
Not open for further replies.