Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Random (stochastic) processes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramone

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there!

Can anyone here explain me in simple words the natural meaning of a stpchastic (random) process???
Also you may suggest me some books on the topic

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
Random process means any sequence of measurements from any activity that is not predictable. The measurements are not easily predictable.
B R M

thanks...

well i understand what you mean but i would like a more insight view... i mean that i would prefer a more formalistic explanation... there are several definitions of a random process and several ways to treat them but the statistical one is what we prefer... so i would like an explanation on the stochastic processes as view through a statistical viewpoint

thanks again

Stochastics Analysis is mainly used for calculating the random effects from unindified sources. We cannot find out the temporal system mechanism but we can modelize with some assumptions.

Addition: If you are familiar with Continious Fourier Transform, Power Spectra Analysis calculations would be simplier. In random process Gaussian White Noise is generally used and its spectrum is shown as a constant value for all frequencies as No/2.

Well thanks a lot... using fourier for calculating spectrums, and the very properties of stationary stochastic proscesses are powerfull enough.... thanks again

Hi,
You can see the following books:
1.Probability, Random variables and stochastic process.
By Papoulis
2.Communication systems by A.Bruce Carlson.
You'll find a detailed study of stochastic processes.
Regards,

Could you upload Papoulis's book?

The only thing avalible about papoulis is the manual solution

a random process is any function of time that is not predetermined.
it depends on the result of some phenomenon for which the result is unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.