Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Random Process vs Random Variable

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicengr

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a signal say X(n), when will I model it as a Random process and when as a Random variable? Modeling as a RV is ok for me, like at each n I perform an experiment and the output of the experiment is X(n), but I cannot understand how and why to model it as a RP? I am sorry if this too basic, but after studying a great deal about RV and RP I am still unable to figure this out. Thanks!

its simple to understand if you see it practically..

As example a single point is only a point but if we connect many point like that through pencil it will give some kind of design or a graph. so, that's nothing but process.

so if you have many points or take it as variables then the line which connect this all is random process which has some kind of understanding.

its simple to understand if you see it practically..

As example a single point is only a point but if we connect many point like that through pencil it will give some kind of design or a graph. so, that's nothing but process.

so if you have many points or take it as variables then the line which connect this all is random process which has some kind of understanding.
I am sorry but I am unable to understand your statements

ok. if you don't know then follow the book HSU, for SSA. you will get clear idea about this. if you know then its not problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back