Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RAM device tester DIY

AK76

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys & Gals
I'm trying to build a jig to test individual TSOP RAM devices. My plan is use a working RAM DIMM that has the same RAM fitted that I want to test, remove one of the devices and solder a 66 pin test socket via some short connections to where the device once was. I'd then fit the DIMM into a working PC, fit a suspect device into the flying socket and run some basic tests.

My question is do you think I'll run into issues by adding a tiny bit of impedance into the DIMMS circuit caused by the short wires connected to the test socket and if so would there be any way to get around that issue?

I've basically got a load of RAM devices that are suspect and I need to run a basic test before using them.

Also if anyone knows of any other solutions I'm all ears.

Thanks for any help
Andy

Hi,

Are you talking about SD-RAM?
There are many different ones ... with different speed, and different burst mode sequences, voltage levels .. and a lot more.

If you want detailed answers .. then you need to provide detailed informations first. Part names, specifications, sketches ....

Klaus

Hi,

Are you talking about SD-RAM?
There are many different ones ... with different speed, and different burst mode sequences, voltage levels .. and a lot more.

If you want detailed answers .. then you need to provide detailed informations first. Part names, specifications, sketches ....

Klaus
Hi Klaus,
You're so right I should have posted the part number of the device I'm trying to test.
Here's the chip:
46V64M8-6T

As I said above, I've got a DIMM that has 8 installed on the PCB so my plan was to remove one of them and attached a jig that has a socket to take single TSSOP 66 pin devices and test them that way.

Andy

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: