Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

radiation pattern on HFSS Ansoft v.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Widya_sri

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi everyone :)

i want to ask,,, In what condition ansoft HFSS v.9 makes the radiation pattern of the antenna ?? is the antenna rules as a receiver or transmitter ? and how do ansoft makes the pattern ??
i hope you know the answer,,,

thank you :)

You should have radiation bounday around your antenna and insert a sephere around your antenna to calculated the far-field engery.
It dose not matter whether your ant is a receive or transmitter. Actually, in most cases, ant in HFSS is considered as a transmitter.

Widya_sri

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
shmily0447 said:
You should have radiation bounday around your antenna and insert a sephere around your antenna to calculated the far-field engery.
It dose not matter whether your ant is a receive or transmitter. Actually, in most cases, ant in HFSS is considered as a transmitter.

can you give an example in real condition/measurements ??
i just know in real condition, to get the radiation pattern we need to use the transmitter and receiver,,,so we can get the pattern by plotting the power level that we have measured before,,

thanks before :)

Hi, attched pls find a example of 60 GHz patch antenna in HFSS 11. You can run the simulation and see the pattern.

thank you for the file,,,but actually what i really want to know is how can ansoft calculate the radiation pattern or why by using the boundary we can calculate the radiation pattern,,,,meanwhile in real world when we want to know the radiation pattern we need to use the transmitter, receiver, and plot the power level of the antenna that we have measured,,,

thank you :)

maybe you can refer to the ansoft manual

Reactions: abhaykr

Widya_sri

abhaykr

Hi, attched pls find a example of 60 GHz patch antenna in HFSS 11. You can run the simulation and see the pattern.

hi every body .i need hfss uwb simulation (any type) .specifications: bandwidth 2-12 ghz. gain 4-5 db over entire (freq.) range.if any 1 upload i will be rely thnkful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back