Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radar Cross Section (why -30dB) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sri Harsha

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,

Can anybody help me regarding the Radar cross section or back scattering signal limit like I am getting S21 plot for an RFID tag with a scale of below -30dB in references also they shown the same but no one justified it...may I know the reason limit of RCS.

Ok Wiki has some other examples

Radar Cross Section is a combination of reflectance and absorption measured relative to a 1m² response to mm RADAR.

A Cargo Ship +20dB or 100m
A human 0dB
A bird -20dB
an insect -50dB

Perhaps a suitable reference for an RFID is thus ~ -30 dB

Ok Wiki has some other examples

Radar Cross Section is a combination of reflectance and absorption measured relative to a 1m² response to mm RADAR.

A Cargo Ship +20dB or 100m
A human 0dB
A bird -20dB
an insect -50dB

Perhaps a suitable reference for an RFID is thus ~ -30 dB

Thanq somuch sir, I got it, I am doing research on RFID tags but my total tag result as shown in image, the level is -30dB i.e., S21 so how can I justify it. like can i cal it as an antenna isolation?.

Attachments

• Total Tag Measurement approx 0.5m.png
    Total Tag Measurement approx 0.5m.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 118

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back