Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions on RCS prediction methods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cizmo

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
RCS prediction methods

With using time domain methods ( like FDTD ) what is the maximum frequency at which we can calculate RCS of an aircraft (20 m in length )?

How accurate are the asymptotic methods ( PO/UTD/SBR ... ) at 1-10 GHz band ?

Do you know any software to predict RCS of airborne platforms at 1-30 GHz band ?

RCS prediction methods

cst can do.

Re: RCS prediction methods

CST can be used until 6 GHz. above 6 GHz It couldn't calculate.

Do you now anything about microstripes ( flomerics) ?

Cizmo said:
CST can be used until 6 GHz. above 6 GHz It couldn't calculate.

Do you now anything about microstripes ( flomerics) ?

I would assume that this is a memory limit problem rather than CST method (I have used it for RCS before, but not on whole aircraft).

I've heard that Feko can perform RCS studies very accuratley (esp. when comparing to benchmarks like the NASA almond) so maybe you should have a look at that.

As for Microstripes, the cartesian meshing will add some errors to curved surface especially if at 45 degrees to the mesh, when calculating rcs.

I used the evaluation copy of FEKO.

FEKO uses PO technique at high frequency but PO couldn't calculate the diffraction from edges ( PTD, UTD, GTD methods could calculate this kind of scattering mechanism) and also ducting scattering from inlets of jets couldn' t be calculated with using PO.

I would like to ask that Can we ignore the diffraction and ducting scattering mechanisms on an aircraft and what dB is their effect on total RCS of an aircraft?

How accurate are asymptotic tools (PO/PTD/UTD .... ) at 1-10 GHz frequency band for a 14 metre aircraft ?

Could you please recommend tools like CST which could calculate the RCS of airborne platforms acuretly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back