Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about the design of a 13.56 MHz magnetic loop antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

lionz

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody.

I have a few questions about the design of a 13.56 MHz magnetic loop antenna (to listen, not emit).

wavelenght is 300/13.56 = 22.12 m

With this value, how should I define antenna diameter ? Should I use ½ wavelenght, ¼ wavelenght or something else ?

And what about number of turns ? Is it possible to reduce antenna diameter using more turns ?

Finaly, how should I design the tuning capacitor ?

Thanx a lot.

13.56 mhz antenna

The best performance is from a full wavelength, but half wave will work. The meterial you use will have an effect on the size, 300/13.56 is wavelength in free space. I recomend a search on google for some better information..... As for designing the tuning capacitor, you dont, the veriable capacitor is a component you buy........ Hope this helps

13.56 antenna turns

Try to use a ferrite rod antenna similar to the one that used in tradiation AM radio except for different operating frequency. The size is much smaller. I have built a transmitter that operating at 27Mhz in the past using similar method, the rod length was around 60mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back