Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about Philips PM 5133audio function generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

auato

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all.

I need your help to understand if my unit Philips PM5133 function generator is faulted. This unit seems ro run good (attenuator is OK, level waveforms are OK, speep OK and so on) but I do not able to reach maximum frequency of 2MHz. The maxumum frequency in normal mode is 390KHz (see vieo below)
Another strage matter: on the Service Manual I see two frequency potentiometers START & STOP with fine and coarse functionality

finecoarse.jpg

...and also looking the front panel two pots seem coaxial type but only the fine section turn on itself while the coarse seems locked. Can any PM5133's owner inform me about these potentiometers? (if they are really coaxial or not)

Thanks

Hello.
Just an update ;-) this afternoon I tried to go deep into the matter and I undestood that two coax post have the coarse section totally locked. Not succesful to unlock them and I do not know why they are so locked. It's a very strange matter :???: I have already tried with WD40 spray.
However, tried to replace the coarse section by another 4.7K trimmer and the frequency reaches 2MHz. Now I'm worried to find two 4.7Kohm linerar coax potentiometers. These pots seem too hard to find :cry:
The genuine pots are made by Ruwido. Nothing on eBay. Please, any tip where to buy these ?

Thank you very much

Last edited:

Hi!

Are these any use? - they're very pricey I'm afraid!

http://www.audiomaintenance.com/acatalog/SF-01-038_extended_info.html

The other possibility I can suggest is they might have been locked with a tiny grub-screw etc., somewhere on the control - it certainly seems odd Philips went to all the trouble of providing inner and outer control knobs, lettering on the panel and what-not!

Unfortunately I don't have one of these gennys myself so can't offer any suggestions from my own experience I'm afraid!

Chris Williams

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back