Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about modelling a sensor with a target wheel in Maxwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheyenne

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I need to model a crank sensor with a flying wheel in Maxwell. Crank sensor is made of permenant magnet, pole piece (to concentrate the magnetic field), and coil. There is a space between the target wheel and the crank the sensor. What I have to do is to simulate the output signal from the coil while the flying wheel is spinning at certain speed and at a certain distance away from the sensor.

I am a new user of Maxwell. Up to now I know I could kindly simulate the wheel spinning by rotate certain angle. But still, I do not know how to simulate The Target Wheel's SPEED IN MAXWELL. Also, for this situation, how to put the excitation? As far as I understand, the magnetic source comes from the permenant magnet, because there is a relative motion between the wheel and the sensor, the coil has inducted current. Am I right? I select the winding and the coil terminal as the source. Am I right?

Thanks A LOT if anyone can help me.

Also, if someone have any tutorials about MAXWELL, please let me know. Up to now, I learn this software simply from the default examples and the online help. I have some experience in HFSS though.

Thanks,
Cheyenne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back