Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions about Intel 87c51 application

Status
Not open for further replies.

louislu

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
intel 87c51

hi,i intend to use intel 87c51 for a project n here some question regarding it's application:

1.This chip can b reprogramme.m i right?
2.my project need to store some user user data so is there any way to do it without using external memory.I means after restart the chip n all the stored data must still exist...

Any help is welcome n appreciated

Thanks in advance

Re: intel 87c51

Take a look at the datasheet here:
https://www.intel.com/design/mcs51/datashts/27041907.pdf

You will see that the 87c51 is the Eprom version of the 8031 so it is "reprogramable" but only by erasing it with UV light.

You can not store nonvolatile data during runtime into the chip. I would recomend to use some more modern chip from Philips or Atmel or ... which has internal flash memory and can be programed in circuit.

Hope this helps

Re: microcontroller

hi...thank for ur help.i need a microcontroller with build in memory that used to store user's input(important to keep the data after off the system, but don wish to use eeprom)...n as wat u told me, i found atmel 89c51 come with flash memory so intend to use it.n is there anyone know it's programmer...cheap n powerful :)...debugger as well...i m a begginer on this microcontroller...any help r welcome...thanks so much

louislu said:
hi...thank for ur help.i need a microcontroller with build in memory that used to store user's input(important to keep the data after off the system, but don wish to use eeprom)...n as wat u told me, i found atmel 89c51 come with flash memory so intend to use it.n is there anyone know it's programmer...cheap n powerful Smile...debugger as well...i m a begginer on this microcontroller...any help r welcome...thanks so much

If you need cheap programmer use AT89S51 instead of AT89C51.
AT89S51 has in-system-programming (ISP) feature which can be programmed using simple serial ISP programmer. Search the forum, you will find the schematic of the ISP programmer which you can build yourself at low cost.

I had read the atmel 89s51 chip n it is equipped with ISP flash memory.for my proj application,I would need a place to store user's phone num.n it is depend on watever num of user enter by scanning the input port.(input port is connected to a keypad),so can i just make use of this ISP flash memory? write into it n read it back when necessary.

n somebody told me that usually people would not store in this way...so what is the use of ISP flash actually?for program momery storage only?

thanks very much

if possible ,use avr atmega8 can realize such function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back