Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Question regarding TL074

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldsmith

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All
Hi
I want design an audio amplifier with op amp and then a current driver . my problem is in it's op amp stage :

is TL074 good for this aim ? ( stereo amp with 4 identical inverting configurations )
Or is here any better quad op amps available ?
Thank you for your Guide to me .
Best Regards
Goldsmith

Try this ultra-low distortion, low noise, high slew rate operational amplifiers:
LM4562
LME49710
LME49720
AD8066
LM6172
AD826
AD8620
OPA1611
OPA1612
AD823
AD8620
OPA1642
LM6172
OPA2227
OPA627

or
OPA4354A
OPA2134UA
OPA2132

if available at local store...

Last edited:
TL074 isn't bad for audio preamplifiers. I've seen if quite often for semi-professional equipment, e.g. mixing consoles and effects. There are lower noise, lower distortion or higher output drive types, but usually more expensive.

If the said current driver is a class AB or even (not suggested) class B transistor stage, it will mainly define the amplifier performance. Possibly an OP with higher bandwidth than TL074 can slightly reduce the overall distortion.

TL074 is JFET input OPAMP specially designed for Audio applications and TL084 is from the same category but is a general purpose JFET input Op-amp. I have used TL084 a lot in Audio circuit and got excellent performance specially with Dual supply rails. OPA series op-amps are also good and are newer designs and bit expensive as compared to the TL series.

Dear mister_rf and FvM And Raza
Hi
Thank you for your guidances .
Your replies are really helpful for me.
Respectfully
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.