Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question regarding hfss siumlation for diff structures

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsharma10

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

I am bit confused with certain aspects of HFSS simulation for differential structures. So if somebodz can kindly advice me on this.
My scenario is as follows and I explain th esteps I am taking:

My structure is on-chip (1:1) transformer and the feed lines for the transformer are just 2 um apart. Hence, I use a differential port with integration line defined across the two feed ports. I use Zpi for defining the characteristic impedance. If I define just one mode while defining the excitation, I get the a two port(.s2p) file with the differential s parameters. My question regarding this is:

1. Can I use this to extract a 4 port file?I think each differential port is made up of 2 single ended ports and guess there should be matrix manipulation that can give me the 4 port file.I need a 4 port file to evaluate the transformer for its SRF and also phase and amplitude imbalance. My frequencz opf operation is quite high above 100 GHz and hence accurate knowledge of SRF is must.

2. Secondly, I also tried defining two modes at each port with the understanding that one mode would be diff and the other common mode. Here i faced quite some trouble as the impedance was quite weird. I actually copied the integration line for both the modes and defined Zpv for one mode and Zpi for the the other mode.I guess if I can accuratelz simulate this with 2 modes I shall be able to extract the 4 port s paprameter file for mz circuit simulation.

I hope to get some inputs from zour side.

REgards
Neel

Status
Not open for further replies.