Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question regarding CDMA Rake receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonnightingale

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The book says..

A CDMA Rake Receiver is able to exploit multipath when the channel is ( kindly select appropriate one)

(a) Flat fading (b) Slow Fading (c) Fast Fading (d) Frequency Selective Fading

kindly suggest me which are appropriate

I think (a) should be one of the answers.

---------- Post added at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:22 ----------

Just to correct my first answer. It can be (d) instead of (a), because RAKE receiver (R. Price & P.E. Green, ’A Communication Technique for Multipath Channels’, Proc. IRE, vol. 46, 1958, pp. 555-570) exploits multipath diversity to combat fading, thanks to a fundamental time-frequency decomposition of the channel into independent flat fading channels. Normally the question is asked by choosing all that apply (selections a,b,c,d). Here, the worst situation is when we have a frequency selective/fast fading channel. The scenario which suits CDMA Rake receiver. Therewith, (c) and (d) are the correct answers.

Other references:
A. M. Sayeed& B. Aazhang, ‘Joint Multipath-Doppler Diversity in Mobile Wireless Communications’, IEEE Trans. on Commun., vol. 47, no. 1, 1999, pp 123-132.

Status
Not open for further replies.