Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Question]How to tranfer LEdit's tech file to dracula format

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonwell

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to transfer the Ledit design rule & extract rule to dracula format?

It's also what i want know .
Maybe we have to exchange the format mannually by reading the UserManual of both tool.

Added after 34 seconds:

It's also what i want know .
Maybe there is not a commercial tool for exchange the format .we have to exchange the format mannually by reading the UserManual of both tool.

Re: [Question]How to tranfer LEdit's tech file to dracula fo

export GDSII from Ledit open this gds with cadence ..and you will have the rule in cadence....in this mode you can save the rules and use this in dracula...I think ...

GDS file does not contain information about rule files.

As I know it is imposible to transfer the rules directly from Ledit to Dracula. You must edit this rules by hand . (A small help is the export rule file to dracula option from Ledit )

Anyway , usually all fabs are giving the rule files in Dracula , Calibre and other similar formats.

Bye

Hi
Please read Dracula Users guide...(I have version 4.9 of this guide)and at the page 12 - 13 we will find the answer ....it is posible to import a gdsii file in cadence and to save the rule you use it in Ledit as dracula rules ....I will try to do this in a few days....and we will know if that method work

It may be feasible to write one UPI program to translate it . Walk through the DRC rules with LDrcRule_GetParameters and format it to dracula command file .

I am also interested in this question. Can anybody give a tech example file used in Ledit environment?

Hi, today i just met an senior AE from Cadence, he told me that there will be some trouble when you transfer design from LEDIT to Cadence, they can not guarantee 100% accuracy. But he did not mention the detail. I am not sure whether it is true or not, maybe he just want to promote their product :)

Don't think GDSII contain any rules data. Having hard time for this issue too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back