Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question for using MOSFETs as switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathalie92

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How can one calculate the switch off resistance of a MOSFET used as an analogue switch?

What kind of circuitry would one need if this switch off resistance is to be increased?

Thanks

Is this a discrete MOSFET or one that's part of an IC you are designing?

I am designing a circuit which will contain discrete MOSFETs as my switches. However, since my sensor has an input impedance of 300MOhms, the swithces which typically have an off resistance in the MOhms region will interfere with my potential sensed by the sensor, hence I need to design a circuit that will increase this off resistance. Any ideas, how I can stack the MOSFETs?? Thanks

the swithces which typically have an off resistance in the MOhms region will interfere with my potential sensed by the sensor
Are you referring to specific switch data or is this just made up out of thin air? You'll find discrete MOSFET switches with roff > Gohm.

Are you referring to specific switch data or is this just made up out of thin air? You'll find discrete MOSFET switches with roff > Gohm.

I;m referrring to specific switch data...roff is not quoted in the MOSFET datasheet,hence I used Idss to calculate it ..From were do u find such MOSFET swtitches with roff > Gohm? What does one look out for in the datasheets?

Thnx

The datasheet should show Id leakage current versus Vds.

Status
Not open for further replies.