Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about values in Erlang B table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aasem_sadek

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

it is known that 1 Erlang = 1 circuit being busy for an hour so if we have 10 channels being used for 1 hour each by 10 users for ex so this will give max of 10 Erlangs with 0 blocking. i.e max theoritical capacity of 10 channels = 10 Erlangs in case of 0 blocking.

the question is for 40% blocking in Erlang B table the value of Erlangs exceeds this theoritical capacity.. how come?

anyone can help?
thx in advance

Re: Erlang B table

Aasem_sadek said:
Dear all,

it is known that 1 Erlang = 1 circuit being busy for an hour so if we have 10 channels being used for 1 hour each by 10 users for ex so this will give max of 10 Erlangs with 0 blocking. i.e max theoritical capacity of 10 channels = 10 Erlangs in case of 0 blocking.

the question is for 40% blocking in Erlang B table the value of Erlangs exceeds this theoritical capacity.. how come?

anyone can help?
thx in advance

Erlang B calculates OFFERED traffic, not carried.

For more info see https://www.cas.mcmaster.ca/~qiao/publications/erlang/newerlang.html

and
https://www.cas.mcmaster.ca/~qiao/publications/erlang.pdf

Regardz

Re: Erlang B table

Hello do_jaja, thx for ur reply :)
i thought about what u said abt that Erlang B calculates the offered not the current. so how can i get the amount of traffic that can be carried by specific number of channels??
also if it calculates the offered so this means that for congestion = 0% the amount of offered traffic = number of channels in Erlangs i.e for 10 channels & 0% congestion so offered = 10 erlangs.. which isn't the value in Erlang B table.
so do u have another opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.