Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about TB6560 stepper driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

leto

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a question about how can i set the output current level to the IC TB6560. According the datasheet (paragraph below) it seems to be easy. So, as I need a current of 3A I should achieve an external resistor of aprox.- 0.16 ohms or six 1 ohms resistors in parallel on NFA and NFB.

TB6560 datasheet paragraph

...The resistance of NFA terminal (RNFA) and that of NFB terminal (RNFB) determine the maximum current of phase A and B.
The reference current for the constant current operation should be set by the external resistance. When voltage for NFA and NFB terminals become 0.5 V or more (in case torque is 100 %.), it stops charging and the current which is over the reference value does not flow. Iout (A) = 0.5 V/RNF (Ω)
Example: When the maximum current is 1 A, external resistance is 0.5 Ω....

¿does anyone can take a look the attached image and tell me how it could achieve 4 levels of current (1.5 / 2.5 / 3 and 3.5 A) with one dip switch and just a couple of "visible" resistors ? I mean, do you see any other manner to do that without parallel resistors ?

Thank you.

tb6560.png

Status
Not open for further replies.