Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

question about step up hihg power DC DC converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsklkk

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
step up +converter +winding +design

Background:high power DC DC converter 4kW(96V->200V)
For Electric Vehicle drive
Accept 4 quadrant control

dc-dc troubleshoot primary fets

hi
U must to use a push pull system in 20khz frequency to this step up
very very be careful because U choice a big range of power
most lose & hardest section is on primary of your transformers because U have big snober
U don't need H bridge it use just for dc to ac

be success :D

ev controller

"high power DC DC converter 4kW ...96V to 200V

1) Push-Pull converter is best.

96V is moderate voltage for power FETs, Push-Pull has advantage of two low side switches (FETs).

2)full bridge only for forward converter?
Push-Pull has same performance as full-bridge with half the number of FETS.

4) have circuit design?
Circuit schematics of similiar power on the web.

5)forward converter can be used for step up? Yes. Output voltage depends on transformer winding ratio.

6)what is the most difficult part of this converter?

Transfomer design. Integrated magnetics (Planar transformers) may be the easiest since one needs only the cores. Since planar cores have high surface to volume ratio, better cooling allows higher frequency operation ... around 250KHz.

7)major loss = ? Generally losses are highest in the power FETs. However a good design balances losses across all of the power components.

8)Output rectification ... synchronous FETs.

At the output voltage and current levels ... synchronous FETs provide the best performance.

Good luck, hope this is not your first design at this power level.

Example current mode PWM controller:
**broken link removed**

or a cascaded current mode controller:
**broken link removed**

Planar transformer catalog at: **broken link removed**

Planar cores:
**broken link removed**
http://www.ferroxcube.com/

Articles:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

lm dc to dc step up converter

but my proposed converter is required to accept four quadrant control of motor, so, i think the full bridge is a must

step up dc dc converter

There was perviously no mention of a motor control.

Is there regenative braking?

You need to specify more completely what you need and want help for.

best transformer for step up converter

oh...sorry, let me modify the post first

dc-dc inverter 4kw

Ok, EV motor control.

Regardless of the SMPS topology, the SMPS must be bidirectional, i.e. able to move power in either direction, to the load or from it.

Most SMSP topologies can be converted to bidirectional operation so Full Bridge is not the only solution. It is a matter of magnetics cost versus switch cost and other complexities.

If no galvanic isolation is required, it is possible to design without a transformer, using only inductor(s). Using a tandum Buck-Boost configuration ... similiar to a Class-D amplifier (but bidirectional and maybe multi-phase).

For modern results, I think the overall project requires an advanced design and considerable skills. There are several books, journals and magazines dedicated to the subject ... as well as numerous companies designing and selling these types of controllers. Buying what you need might be your best plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back