Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about serie-parallel resonant convertor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kudjung

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I was reading some of the stuff about serie-parallel resonant convertor for CCFL application and have read the datasheet of MAX8709. I've question about the equivalent circuit and the resonance frequency on page 12,13. From these pages of datasheet, equivalent circuit and resonant frequency calculation only take into account the secondary leakage inductance of the transformer,parallel capacitance and the reflected cap from primary side. The equivalent circuit is view with everything reflected to secondary side. I don't understand why it not take into account the primary leakage inductance which I think could be significant since it need to multiply by the turn ratio which should be high for driving CCFL.

Any Idea?

TIA,

Attachments

• MAX8709.pdf
    990.9 KB · Views: 46

Status
Not open for further replies.