Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about fast fading channel in WCDMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zay_S

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody,

In WCDMA within chip rate 3.84 Mcps and chip duration 0.26 microsecond, does it occur fast fading? I have taken into account to prove the presence of this kind of channel, but I have found that we must have so fastly mobile speed to reach fast fading channel, it is approximately more than thousand km/h. and it is very not make a sense happen in real condition. My calculation is based on comparation of coherence time and chip duration. fast fading will attain if coherence time is smaller than the chip duration. Is my method wrong?

thanks in advance. and I should appreciate with your helping.

Regard,

Nisa

p.s. this question is pointed out to downlink side

Last edited:

Re: fast fading in wcdma

I've already replied on the telecom_research yahoo group.

But yes, your method is correct. Fast fading should be independent of the link. Motion of either the mobile on downlink and uplink will create the same doppler.

Reactions: Zay_S

Zay_S

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.