Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about experiment data used in PSPICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitewiz

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing the simple operational amplifier and I need to use and simulate the input from the experiment data of the Oscilloscope. And I want to check how much opamp will amplify this experiment data. The waveform is a kind of arbitrary waveform from oscilloscope.

Is there any ways to use this experiment data from OrCAD 7.1(Pspice Capture)?

Chris

You should be able to create a voltage source with PWL data (piecewise linear). It is basically a list/table of time values followed by voltage values. I cannot remember the exact syntax but look up PWL in your manuals or help files. Something like Vxxx Na Nb PWL(0, 0, 1E-6, 0.5, 2E-6, 0.75 ...)

Keith

whitewiz

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
keith1200rs said:
You should be able to create a voltage source with PWL data (piecewise linear). It is basically a list/table of time values followed by voltage values. I cannot remember the exact syntax but look up PWL in your manuals or help files. Something like Vxxx Na Nb PWL(0, 0, 1E-6, 0.5, 2E-6, 0.75 ...)

Keith

Thanks for your reply.

That means I need to put the data one by one. Is that right ?

My data in excel file has around 1000 lines so I am wondering it is a kind of way to read the input data directly without putting the value.

I see two options:
- generate a PWL presentation of your waveform (e.g. in Excel) and include it in your design as text or as a subcircuit.
- generate a *.stl fileformat that can be imported by the .STIMLIB command.
Consult the PSPICE documentation for details.

whitewiz

I think there is a PWLFILE option with some simulators which allows the data to be imported but I cannot check until I am at my computer on Monday.

It may sound a bit crude but if you export the excel data in the right format you can cut & paste it in to the PWL statement.

Keith

whitewiz

excel file saved as csv , with lines added to it like PWL( , will reduce your typing job.

whitewiz

Hi whitewiz,

In such a case as described by you I use an artificial source called "ETABLE" (available unter ABM). You can specify pairs of values (input, output) and perform a dc sweep with a dc input source. It works perfectly.

whitewiz

LvW said:
Hi whitewiz,

In such a case as described by you I use an artificial source called "ETABLE" (available unter ABM). You can specify pairs of values (input, output) and perform a dc sweep with a dc input source. It works perfectly.

I am using Pspice Capture(schematic) so I had better use PWL source instead of ETABLE under ABM library. When I found ETABLE from OrCAD PSPICE User Guide, I must manipulate the source in Spice code.

Anyway, thanks for your explanation.

Added after 9 minutes:

keith1200rs said:
I think there is a PWLFILE option with some simulators which allows the data to be imported but I cannot check until I am at my computer on Monday.

It may sound a bit crude but if you export the excel data in the right format you can cut & paste it in to the PWL statement.

Keith

Thanks for your description. I have used VPWL_FILE and put the path like c:\thinfile_0504210.txt(experiment data) and run the simulation. I am just wondering it is correct way to run VPWL_FILE.

Added after 59 seconds:

srizbf said:
excel file saved as csv , with lines added to it like PWL( , will reduce your typing job.

Thanks for your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back