Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Query regarding the ZigBee

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipin.kumar.ecolight

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends,

I have just started a project on the ZigBee(802.15.4).I want to use this technology(ZigBee) in the LED lighting.
I want following functions in the ZigBee enabled LED Light:

1.(Turn OFF lights automatically & wirelessly function when no one is in the room
) Lights should turn off automatically when no one is in the office,cubicle area, conference room, cafeteria,hallway, or other areas i.e. No one has to remember to turn the lights on or off.
2.(Dimming function based on ambient light conditions): Lights should dim automatically based on ambient light conditions i.e. when there is enough ambient light from a window or other sources, the sensor should activate the dimmer to adjust the lighting down accordingly. Of course, the automatic settings can be overridden where needed.
3.Wireless communication range up to 100/50 meter
4.Control: Controllable via wireless remote controller

Is there anybody who have worked on the ZigBee technology in the lighting applications.
If anybody has worked on this technology then please give the reply.

Thanks & regards

Vipin Kumar Saini
New Delhi

Last edited:

Dear thanks for the Reply.
Dear where did you use the ZigBee technology?
May i know your application areas for the ZigBee technology?
Actually i want to use ZigBee technology in the led lighting i.e. i want to control LED lighting wirelessly.

Thanks & Regards
Vipin Kumar Saini
New Delhi

I've used various ZigBee implementation for myriad of commercial projects. I also started up the group:

**broken link removed** Embedded Wireless Networks

which I've noticed you recently joined. You'll find numerous example projects, tutorials and documentation concerning the ZigBee Protocol and its applications in the group.

After you begin the design of your project, if you have any particular questions post then in this thread and I will do my best to address them.

One issue I should mention, if you are looking for a wireless serial cable replacement, say from a master MCU node to a remote light control node, then the XBee Series 1 will be the simplest solution.

However, if you have a master node controlling several remote light control nodes, you'll need a mesh network and will need to use the XBee Series 2 or compatible devices.

The Series 2 require more initial setup compared to the Series 1 which will usually work right out of the box.

Also an excellent reference is the:

Building Wireless Sensor Networks: with ZigBee, XBee, Arduino, and Processing

The text will get you up and running fairly quickly, there are other very good books concerning the ZigBee Protocol, however they are more advanced and are usually not suitable for the first exposure to ZigBee.

BigDog

Last edited by a moderator:
**broken link removed** Embedded Wireless Networks - WiFi, ZigBee, MiWi, 802.15.4, Bluetooth & RF - Forum for Electronics
Excellent collection of ZigBee & XBee documents and examples.

Thanks for posting

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back