Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

query in matrix subtraction

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnavenis

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
View attachment document.do.dochi
here i am sending an attachment. In this i need to solve matrix. how to subtract column matrix from square matrix. Is there any rules for such subtraction. i need suggestions. plz check this.Looking forward for ur reply.

hi sir,
if such a subtraction is not possible, then how can i solve this paper. can u give me some suggestions

hi sir,
if such a subtraction is not possible, then how can i solve this paper. can u give me some suggestions

Sorry buddy.
Can't figure out a way.

Try to write to the author of this paper, with this query.

I assume that you are referring to the equation \[ E = (K-\frac{1}{2}ID)^{-1}S \]

In the current form, it looks quite erroneous.

By \[ ID \], I think that they mean that elements of column vector \[ D \] are split into their own separate column (like a diagonal matrix, with diagonal elements taken from \[ D \] ).

Otherwise, \[ K - \frac{1}{2}I D \] makes no sense, because \[ K \] is a matrix and \[ D \] is a vector.

By \[ ID \], I think that they mean that elements of column vector \[ D \] are split into their own separate column (like a diagonal matrix, with diagonal elements taken from \[ D \] ).

Could be. But, then it is an improper use of notation.
A nxn identity matrix multiplied to a nx1 vector would result in a nx1 vector only.

Otherwise, \[ K - \frac{1}{2}I D \] makes no sense, because \[ K \] is a matrix and \[ D \] is a vector.

True.
I believe only the author of this paper can best clarify, why he has used such notation.

thank you so much for ur response sir. I will try in this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back