Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quantum (Theory) is it a syndrom or disease

Status
Not open for further replies.

sifeddin

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
superchord theory

Is the world quantized or continuum?
are our dimensions fundamentally a discrete values with infinitismal un-measurable difference or is it continuous values that cannot be separated?
So does the energy have another nature from the geometry?
I hope this forum gets popular so that I read lots of opinions

theory of the superchords

the world is quantized of course.

how else could it be? matter can't indefinitely divisible. It is thus divisible to a certain extent. This is the meaning of a "quantum".

But... there is the other thing called "The Duality Theory" introduced by Louis DeBroglie as part of his Ph.D. He got the Nobel Prize for that...

The Duality Theory states the dual nature of things. Their wave-like and particle-like states. A photon is it a particle or a wave? DeBroglie says BOTH. Since these are interchangeable in all equations of Quantum Mechanics.

Light and gravity are two tough MFs! Newton thought light is particle, then Young said certainly wave, then now people think of its particle form more.

People are currently investigating the both natures of gravity. Gravity is the biggest mystery out there.

just_some_thoughts_from_the_penetrator©

This question was answered

One aspect that has not been determined is if space location is quantized or if the magnitude of an electric field is quantized. I have seen some discussion about the red shift from distant stars being quantized in the amount of shift, but this could be the results of the measurement process. Some people analyzed old data without knowing the details of how the measurements were done.

dear penetrator
You have answered nothing.
your talk was about how divisible is the matter which can be argued differently since the Greek said that the smallest prticle that is "a-tom" un-divisible is the atom to the talk of quarks if they can be ever detectected or even identified of coarse pathing by the the nuclear reactions and the simple water ionization of the "atom". However there is no "quantum" of energy or even mass have been identified as the "a-tom" unit of the energy or mass ("or charge" if you follow thequark thing).
So why don't you try to blah blah about the space dimensions which is the principal question and save your keys to type somthing related

Dear flatulent
your words are swinging between the first and the second quantization (actually I cannot determine my self which one really treats the position as quantized;) though I practice the quantum mechanics in semiconductors I got introduced lately to the standard model which switched operators to say "yohooo feild are you there I'm the particle"

In fact I got realy confused.
So ASKing the question in onther way :
Why should we believe that in the first place either of space, particle or field MUST be quantized?

dear siffredi,

i understand that you have the lowest level in Physics. I can see that :x

Anyway, that space quantization is F. dummy question! Unless...

unless space is defined by TINY PARTICLES forming DARK MATTER chains. The superchord theory is another explanation but we never did that at the Univ. Also, some other mysterious subatomic particles as the Higgs particle (having 270 times the mass of electron), explaining many theories but never identifiable may help in answering your question (if there is one afterall)

the_penetrator©

Dear parporator
Sure there none at all, and I mean the Higgs quark, that is undetected (yet) so I really have the lowest level in physics in front of me but why we don't stick to the point:
What I'm asking is that the universe MUST be"quantized" as either of the "Quantum Theory" or the "Standard Model" postulate on us.
by the way what is the superchord theory or is another typo "mistake" and watch your fingers

Dear the_penetrator
As we agree to keep it to the scientific friendly level I must declare to every one that I do not support space dimension quantization but some of my colleagues said that without discretness we couldn't know the continous!
So I like every one to add his point of fiew to this forum

sifeddin said:
So does the energy have another nature from the geometry?
This is where you just quantized the energy. Energy can be transformed vice-versa if possible and so is true in some cases. Honestly it would be impossible to imagine a pure continous world.

Take for example an inductor. I dont know if it can be a good example or what. The change of current in inductor from 0 to some value happens after a very small time. Is this time quantized or continous?

Lets move it ahead. Inductor has for example a finite mass (weight if you measure it relatively). So it has a quantized/discrete number of atoms/electrons.

It would take a discrete number of electrons to make movements/vibrations to make necessary field. There you go, you just quantized something.

These are my 2cents of common thought.

hi sifeddin and friends,

it is true and reasonable that everything is quantized at the lowest level. BUT i'm not sure that with "space quantization" people are not just trying to declare "VACUUM SPACE" as quantizable.

on this i have sincere doubts

the_penetrator©

Hi again
I wish more edaboard members give their opinions about the discreteness of the universal space and/or time dimensions
you may like to review these two university poeple articles:

Gerard ’t Hooft:
Quantization of Point Particles in 2+1 Dimensional Gravity and Space-Time Discreteness:
https://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/gr-qc/9601014

Louis Nielsen:
The Uniton – the elementary quantum – building matter, fields and 'vacuum'
The discovery of a universal quantum ether:
https://www.rostra.dk/louis/quant_08.html

Final Note: DO NOT ASSUME that I agree or disagree

best wishes to all in good days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor