Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quadrature Encoder Resolution Division

Status
Not open for further replies.

Git

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'd like to be able to divide the resolution of an encoder by some number N where N is 1 to 255 say. The output has to obviously keep true phase relationship for direction and the design has to handle the possibility of jitter near an edge and all the other things that happen to an encoder in real life. It would be good if the reference pulse could be carried through too. The input reference pulse is high while both A and B are high so it would be good if the output reference pulse could be high while the output A and B are high - ie, it is stretched by N in comparison to input.

Now, I'd like to think that a few decades ago when I wasn't on heavy pain killers I could have designed this in a few hours but now my mind is blank :(

Can anybody help please?. Replies that don't contain the PIC word would be preferable but I think it will be inevitable :)

TIA

Git

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back