Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] QPSK Data rate Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawanayyoub

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
Please I need to ask what's the data rate of QPSK signal ??? its bit rate or the symbol rate , in my system I use 20k Hz as frequency of bit in each branch I and Q branches , then if I faced Question about the Data Rate of my system which the answer 20K Hz or 40K Hz , and this values related to symbol rate or bit rate ?????? Please I need help at this situation so badly.

Thanks in advance,
Rawan Ayyoub

20ksymbols/s and 40 kbps

and has nothing to do with I/Q channels, other then the required bandwidth of each I and Q channel is half the full RF channel bandwidth required to carry the modulation.

The reason for I/Q channels require half the bandwidth is, math-wise, because they contain negative and positive frequency, or more specifically negative and positive relative phase relationships between the I/Q channels.

Thanks all for replay, for more clearly to me , Please
20ksymbols/s and 40 kbps
from your answer Data rate is the bit rate and these two formula according to it, this correct or no ??!!

With My deepest thanks,
Rawan Ayyoub

Data rate is the speed at which data are transmitted. It is measured in bits/second.
Symbol rate is related to data rate and the method of modulaton. It is measured in symbols/second.
Regards

Z

Status
Not open for further replies.