Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Q: how to set sim temperature in Spice simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maniana

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have a transistor amplifier which I need to simulate.
The output transistors will work at a different temperature than the input transistors.
the spice ".temp " directive sets the simulation temperature for the entire schematic.
My question is whether there is a way to set the simulation temperature independently for each transistor in the schematic? (I use mosfets and bipolars)
Can anyone help?

To every transistor you can add a parameter DTEMP, the Device TEMPerature difference to the simulation temperature. Default DTEMP=0 .

To every transistor you can add a parameter DTEMP, the Device TEMPerature difference to the simulation temperature. Default DTEMP=0 .

hi,
it's an old thread, hope you are still here.
if i want to operate this in a PSPICE model, what should i do?
please in details.

thank you so much!!

Don't know PSPICE, sorry. Perhaps you can redefine the temperature for every transistor. If 'dtemp' is a defined parameter, try any one of these:

Temp=temp+dtemp
Temp=temp+'dtemp'
Temp='temp'+'dtemp'
Temp='temp+dtemp'

hello, do u know how to define temperature for different subcircuits in the same schematic for PSPICE?

Status
Not open for further replies.