Not open for further replies.

SubhobrotoSinha

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
2006-10-10

Lately, I have been doing a lot of maths on my own because of my IR Obstacle detector design.

Noticed a lot of people asking for help on configuring PWM using CCS C.

Then it struck me.

Why not make a tool to simplify the process for all ?

So I sat down today, fired up my Visual C++ IDE and got may hands dirty.

The attached EXE is hot from the compiler, and with lots of "hidden features", of which even I may not be aware of.

Please use it a bit, and report the bugs.

Feedback, bug reports, suggestions, edge cases and tips on designing a small dual differential drive motor controller (preferably using a PIC) welcome.

Subhobroto Sinha

PS : The default values are for setting up the PWM for 38Khz, 50% duty cycle on a PIC16F877A @20Mhz
Just click on "Generate code" button to get ready code to copy paste in the CCS IDE

pwmwizard

Hi ,

Useful tool , good job !!

Can you write a version for standard register setup like this ?

PR2 = 00100000 ;
T2CON = 00000101 ;
CCPR1L = 00010000 ;
CCP1CON = 00011100

Or may be you like share source code , I can code in delphi and make modifications for write new application not for standard CCS C output .

I know is to hard to code from beginning. not like make modifications.

Another people write pwm wizard ,

see this link :

https://www.micro-examples.com/public/microex-navig/doc/097-pwm-calculator.html

this is write in Java

Regards

Garfield

pwm wizard

Thank you...

I had originally thought of including this very feature, but since it's not useful for CCS code, I left it out...

What you want will only be useful to a person coding in ASM (or are there some variants in PIC C which let you set these directly)...

However, if I see more interest in this, I will definitely incorporate MORE features...

What do you say ?

Status
Not open for further replies.