Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PWMWizard: tool for configuring PWM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubhobrotoSinha

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
2006-10-10

Lately, I have been doing a lot of maths on my own because of my IR Obstacle detector design.

Noticed a lot of people asking for help on configuring PWM using CCS C.

Then it struck me.

Why not make a tool to simplify the process for all ?

So I sat down today, fired up my Visual C++ IDE and got may hands dirty.

The attached EXE is hot from the compiler, and with lots of "hidden features", of which even I may not be aware of.

Please use it a bit, and report the bugs.

Feedback, bug reports, suggestions, edge cases and tips on designing a small dual differential drive motor controller (preferably using a PIC) welcome.

Subhobroto Sinha

PS : The default values are for setting up the PWM for 38Khz, 50% duty cycle on a PIC16F877A @20Mhz
Just click on "Generate code" button to get ready code to copy paste in the CCS IDE

pwmwizard

Hi ,

Useful tool , good job !!

Can you write a version for standard register setup like this ?

PR2 = 00100000 ;
T2CON = 00000101 ;
CCPR1L = 00010000 ;
CCP1CON = 00011100

Or may be you like share source code , I can code in delphi and make modifications for write new application not for standard CCS C output .

I know is to hard to code from beginning. not like make modifications.

Another people write pwm wizard ,

see this link :

https://www.micro-examples.com/public/microex-navig/doc/097-pwm-calculator.html

this is write in Java

Regards

Garfield

pwm wizard

Thank you...

I had originally thought of including this very feature, but since it's not useful for CCS code, I left it out...

What you want will only be useful to a person coding in ASM (or are there some variants in PIC C which let you set these directly)...

However, if I see more interest in this, I will definitely incorporate MORE features...

What do you say ?

Status
Not open for further replies.