Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[AVR] PWM pulse with 30 nano seconds in atmega 32

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghasemataee

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
please help me.
ined a pwm pulse with 30ns.

I do not know how I produced it with timer/counter 1 in at mega 32.
Is it possible ?
How?
How is working with code wizard an avr std?

Please example stating:bang::bang::bang:

Hi,

it simply is not possible.

You don´t give us your the clock frequency.
But the pulse with must be at least one clock period. Maybe multiples, read datasheet.

For example with 16MHz clock frequency this means about 62ns.

Why do you need 30ns? What is it for?
You could use external circuitry to achieve a 30ns pulse.

Klaus

thank you.
i need ultra fast pwm pulse for drive ultra_fast gate driver ic.for ultra fast power mosfet drive.
Actually i need a pwm with 100khz _ 1Mhz squre pulse with 5_20 ns rise & fall time.
What circuit may be such a thing?
Thank you for help me.

1 MHz square wave with fast rise time is no problem as rise time is mainly achieved by the driver. 30 ns pulse width would require additional logic or a faster processor.

1 MHz square wave with fast rise time is no problem as rise time is mainly achieved by the driver. 30 ns pulse width would require additional logic or a faster processor.

What processor, for example?
How?
More Explain please.

It's a simple issue on timming analysis; If you have to update the PWM duty-cycle at each cycle, you have to ensure that the maximum loop of instructions of the AVR core will not exceed the period of the PWM.

I do not know how to do it?
for example

- - - Updated - - -

How?
For example, how do it with a atmega32?
ineed fast rise & fall time pulse.

Status
Not open for further replies.