Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pushpull boost problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhu hegde

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

i am doing project - 36v to 380v 1kw .boost using SG3525 chip with push pull configuration.

load regulation is the problem.at minimum load say 0.5A ok. but i put 1A load voltage dropping.

please check file and tell me the is it Number of primary / secondary turne ok ?

secondary diode bridge configuration ok ?

please help me...

First step is to determine in a measuremet where the voltage drop occurs, can be many thing like

- input voltage drop
- switch transistor voltage drop
- transformer leakage inductance

What's the operation frequency and primary duty cycle?

There are some basic methods of analysis here.
Load Regulation is related to output/load impedance ratio.
So high load regulation means high output impedance.

A transformer should be the input source impedance * n but coupling factor must be high, otherwise a high series impedance is added.

For 10% ripple on the bridge output, n=380/36 * (1+10%) so n =12 rounded up.
The reason is for any ripple on the bridge output under load, the DC average voltage will drop approximately the same amount.

Next record some results of V for various loads at every node and indicate the magnet design and all other factors such as frequency and switch resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.